OUTLINE OF GRANTS
Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University or Universitas Islam Negeri (UIN) Jakarta invites highly qualified overseas scholars to collaborate with professors/lecturers of UIN Jakarta to promote the exchange of experience and networking. UIN Jakarta offers grants for two programs: Visiting Professor and Visiting Research Fellow. These grants aim to strengthen scholarly networks, and to provide overseas scholars with an opportunity to carry out research activities in Indonesia, including enhance learning and teaching quality at various departments within UIN Jakarta.
FIELDS OF STUDIES AND RESEARCH
The grants are open to highly qualified overseas scholars from various disciplines: Education and Teaching Science, Language and Literature, History, Law, Anthropology, Communication, Islamic Studies, Psychology and Counselling, Economy and Business, Science and Technology, Medical and Health Sciences, and Social & Political Sciences.
CATEGORIES OF GRANTS
Two categories of grants are offered in 2017.
- Visiting Professor : This program is open to scholars who hold a doctorate and have a minimum position as, or which equal to, Associate Professor at their home institution. The applicants must be affiliated with a higher education institution in their home countries.
- Visiting Research Fellow : Applicants must have been working in their field of research for at least two years. This fellowship is also open for final years PhD candidates enrolled at any of the top 500 World University Rank. The applicants with PhD degree would be preferred, however.
NUMBER OF GRANTS AWARDED
UIN provides at least two grants for each of both Visiting Professor and Visiting Research Fellow programs and may increase the number of grants depending on how many applications received.
DETAILS OF GRANT
Participants of Visiting Professor and Visiting Research Fellow programs will receive a travel support (economy roundtrip air tickets) depending on the home country from which they travel to Jakarta, Indonesia. All selected participants will be provided with accommodation and daily local transport to and from a workplace at UIN campus. Living expenses based on Indonesian national standard rate will be paid to the participants. Additionally, health and medication expenses while staying in Indonesia would be provided by UIN Jakarta hospital.
DURATION AND COMMENCEMENT
The duration of both programs is up to 16 weeks or equals to one semester. However, this may vary considerably based on the applicants’ needs and depend on the type of visa they acquire. The programs should commence by August 2017, or soon thereafter as agreed.
Having completed the program, Visiting Professor and Visiting Research Fellow are required to: a. submit at least one research article to UIN Jakarta as a direct output of the program; and b. mention UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta in all publications resulted from this visiting program.
The applicants for both programs should fill in application forms (either VISPRO-IN or RESFEL-IN) as attached.
Documents to be submitted along with the application form are:
- Curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages);
- A list of academic publications;
- Letter of reference;
- Copies of email correspondence with professors/lecturers of UIN Jakarta, showing the intention to jointly carry out the plan while in Indonesia.
The completed application form must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline: 15 March 2017.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULT
Successful applicants for both programs will be notified by the mid of April, 2017.